Daniel is a litigation attorney, with experience from working with some of the best trial attorneys in North Texas. Mr. Thering represented hundreds of businesses and individuals throughout Texas in both State and Federal courts. From Gainesville to Beaumont to McAllen, or home in Collin County, Mr. Thering is comfortable and confident in any courtroom in which he appears. He regularly handles complex and million-dollar litigation, but also enjoys handling the “simple” matters for local individuals.
Mr. Thering is privileged to have had the opportunity to represent clients in numerous areas of law and avoid the monotony of a single practice area. He has represented clients, in matters involving medical malpractice, banking, construction, corporate embezzlement, eminent domain, employment, false imprisonment, mechanic liens, and real estate; however, the majority of Mr. Thering’s practice is catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. No matter the type case, Mr. Thering’s guiding principles are respect to the court, his adversaries, and complete knowledge of the law.
Mr. Thering achieved extraordinary success in a relatively short time. His litigation record boasts several trial and numerous summary judgment victories involving multimillion dollar claims. Mr. Thering addresses his clients’ needs by immersing himself into the facts of a case, applying the law, and tailoring a litigation plan that will ultimately prevail in court. More importantly, no matter the value of the case, Mr. Thering makes it a priority to keep an active line of communication with his client.
Actively promoting education in the community, Mr. Thering coaches mock trial teams and speaks to students on the benefits of a higher education. Further, Mr. Thering previously served as a board member and past president of the Collin County Texas Tech Alumni Association. He is a past member of the board of directors for Frisco Cares, a non-profit health clinic. Mr. Thering, a Frisco, Texas resident, was appointed by the Mayor and City Council to serve two terms on Frisco’s Board of Adjustments and Construction Appeals. Mr. Thering is also the chairman for the Collin County Bench Bar Foundation.
- Large Loss Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury: Products Liability, Transportation, wrongful Death
- Texas Tech, BA, 1999
- South Texas, JD, 2003
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Federal Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court Northern District of Texas
Honors and Awards
- Best Visionary award is a city-wide and industry-wide selection of the best local companies. Best of Business, Frisco Style Magazine, 2012
- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney by local readers, Readers Choice Award – 2011 and 2012,Frisco Enterprise Newspaper
- Chairman of Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, 2012
- Appointed a Fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation, 2011